At Bank of Cape Cod, protecting your privacy is important to us. Banks are required to comply with Privacy requirements pursuant to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and the Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA), as well as with privacy provisions in other supplemental regulations. Your privacy is a top priority for Bank of Cape Cod not only because of our regulatory requirements, but because keeping your information private is good business practice. We recognize and respect your privacy expectations.
To view our Privacy Notice, please click the link above.
Bank of Cape Cod has established appropriate standards to address administrative, technical, and physical safeguards of customers’ non-public personal information in order to:
- Insure the security and confidentiality of customer records and information;
- Protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such records; and
- Protect against unauthorized access to or use of such records or information which may result in substantial harm or inconvenience to any customer.
The Bank shall not, directly or through any affiliate or other non-affiliated third party, disclose any non-public personal information, unless the Bank provides the customer notice and opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
OPT OUT: since Bank of Cape Cod does not share customers’ non-public personal information, it does not engage in an opt-out program.
LIMIT ON SHARING ACCOUNT NUMBERS FOR MARKETING PURPOSES: the Bank shall not disclose, other than to a consumer reporting agency, an account number or similar form of access number / code, to any non-affiliated third party for use in telemarketing, direct mail marketing, or other marketing through electronic mail to the customer or consumer.
GENERAL EXCEPTIONS: The Bank is allowed to disclose non-public personal information as necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction requested or authorized by the customer / consumer, or in connection with the following:
- To service or process a financial product or service requested or authorized by the customer/consumer.
- To maintain or service the customer’s account with the Bank or with another entity as part of a private label credit card program or other extension of credit on behalf of the Bank.
- In connection with a proposed or actual securitization, secondary market sale (including sales of servicing rights) or similar transaction related to a transaction of the Bank’s customer.
- With the consent or at the direction of the Bank’s customers / consumers.
- To protect the confidentiality or security of (a) the Bank’s records pertaining to the customer/consumer, the service/product, or transaction; (b) to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability; (c) for required institutional risk control, or for resolving customer disputes or inquiries; (d) to persons holding a legal or beneficial interest related to the customer/consumer; or (e) to persons acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity on behalf of the customer/consumer.
- To provide information to insurance rate advisory organizations, guaranty funds or agencies, applicable rating agencies of the Bank, persons assessing the Bank’s compliance with industry standards, and the Bank’s attorneys, accountants, auditors and/or regulators.
- To the extent specifically permitted or required under other provisions of law and in accordance with the Right to Financial Privacy Act of 1978, and to law enforcement agencies (including a federal functional regulator, the Secretary of the Treasury, a State insurance authority, or the Federal Trade Commission), self-regulatory organizations or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
- To a consumer reporting agency in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, or from a consumer report reported by a consumer reporting agency.
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of our business or operating unit if the disclosure of non-public personal information concerns solely customers/consumers of the Bank or its business.
- To comply with Federal, State or local laws, rules and other applicable legal requirements; to comply with a properly authorized civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation or Subpoena or Summons by a Federal, State, or local authority; or to respond to judicial process or government regulatory authorities having jurisdiction over the Bank for examination, compliance, or other purposes as are authorized by law.
You are entitled to a copy of our Privacy Notice. Customers will receive a copy of the Bank’s Privacy Notice, no less than annually. Please see our Privacy Notice herein.
Protecting your privacy is good business. Our responsible use of information benefits you by protecting your privacy and by enabling us to offer you products and services based on your needs. It is our policy to prohibit the sale of your personal information to parties outside of our corporate and affiliate family. Bank of Cape Cod does not reveal specific information about your accounts or other personally identifiable data to external parties unless:
- You request disclosure of the information;
- The information is necessary to complete a transaction or perform a service at your request;
- The information is provided to a reputable credit bureau or similar information reporting agency;
- The disclosure is otherwise lawfully permitted or required.
Bank of Cape Cod is committed to preventing others from unauthorized access to your personal financial information. We maintain procedures and technology designed for this purpose.
Bank of Cape Cod does not disclose information about you to anyone, except as permitted by law.
Bank of Cape Cod continually strives to maintain complete and accurate information about you and your account(s). If you believe your customer profile or account information is inaccurate or incomplete please notify us in writing immediately. We will review your request and make the corrections noted.
Please contact us at:
Bank of Cape Cod, 232 Main Street, Hyannis, MA 02601