Bank of Cape Cod's Privacy Notice
At Bank of Cape Cod, keeping your information secure is integral to providing quality financial services. Protecting your privacy is important to us and will continue to be a top priority for our bank. Because we recognize and respect your privacy expectations, we collect and use only that information necessary for us, and our affiliate service companies, to provide you with the products and services you need to meet your financial goals. In this privacy notice, we explain what types of information we collect, how we use it, and the steps Bank of Cape Cod has taken to ensure the confidentiality of any information you share with us
Information We Collect
Bank of Cape Cod collects, uses and retains information about you from a variety of sources for the purpose of administering our business or to provide products, services and/or other opportunities:
- Information we receive from you on loan applications and other forms, including personal financial statements or other oral, written, or electronic communications
- Information we receive about your creditworthiness and payment history from credit bureaus or similar information reporting agencies
- Information about your transactions with Bank of Cape Cod, its affiliate service companies, or others
Restricted Disclosure of Information
Our responsible use of information benefits you by protecting your privacy and by enabling us to offer you products and services based on your needs. It is our policy to prohibit the sale of your personal information to parties outside of our corporate and affiliate family. Bank of Cape Cod does not reveal specific information about your accounts or other personally identifiable data to external parties unless:
- You request disclosure of the information
- The information is necessary to complete a transaction or perform a service at your request
- The information is provided to a reputable credit bureau or similar information reporting agency
- The disclosure is otherwise lawfully permitted or required
Information We Disclose
Bank of Cape Cod does not disclose information about you to anyone, except as permitted by law. We are permitted to disclose information to third parties that would assist in the servicing of your loan or account, joint marketing, or the prevention of unauthorized transactions. Examples include, but are not limited to: credit bureaus, check printing companies, hardware and software servicing, customer statement rendering, items processing, credit card processing, electronic data processing services, or other services required to support Bank of Cape Cod’ products and services.
If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive customer, we will continue to adhere to the privacy policies and practices described in this notice.
Bank of Cape Cod is committed to preventing others from unauthorized access to your personal financial information. We maintain procedures and technology designed for this purpose, including the following:
- Maintain security levels and related procedures to assist in the prevention of unauthorized access to confidential information within our organization.
- Restrict access to information to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you.
- Maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard our nonpublic personal information
- When sharing information with affiliate service companies for purposes of providing products or services, the ability of these companies to protect the information we share is an important component of our decision to do business with them and we require these companies to enter into a contractual agreement that restricts and prohibits independent use of the information.
Bank of Cape Cod continually strives to maintain complete and accurate information about you and your account(s). If you believe the information on your account(s) with Bank of Cape Cod is inaccurate or incomplete, please notify us in writing immediately. We will review your request and correct any inaccuracies that are noted.
Send your notice to:
Bank of Cape Cod
232 Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601